DOES MY CAMPER NEED A PHYSICAL? (MEDICAL INFORMATION)
YES. The physician’s examination form for medical information is available through the “Forms & Documents” link on your online account. Have this form completed by your physician prior to the start of camp. The physical must have taken place within one year of the start of their enrolled session.
ARE THERE MEDICAL RESTRICTIONS FOR SCUBA DIVING?
Yes, certain medical conditions may disqualify campers from diving at Catalina Sea Camp. Participation in our dive program requires that campers be in excellent health. Additional paperwork must be filled out, including a scuba medical form that requires a doctor’s signature. In some cases, campers will be required to be examined by a physician who specializes in dive medicine. See our full policies and details on specific forms in the Sea Camp Scuba Guide.
If there are any activities that you DO NOT wish your camper to participate in, please contact the Summer Camp Director.
Once the required forms have been completed, there are THREE OPTIONS for returning these documents.
- A. FAX (PREFERRED) – There should be a small bar code located in the lower right hand corner of each page of the forms. Be sure when faxing these documents back, that the bar code is visible. Please fax those documents to (909) 625-7305.
- B. UPLOAD AS A PDF (PREFERRED) – To upload these documents, log into your account and click the “Forms & Documents” link, then find the appropriate corresponding form. You will see an upload arrow on the right side of the section. Click the upload arrow and follow the instructions to correctly upload the documents.
- C. SNAIL MAIL – If you are unable to fax or upload the documents you can mail the forms to our physical address:
Attn: Summer Camp Registrar, 27282 Calle Arroyo, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675.
All prescribed or over-the-counter medication needed by a camper will be collected at check-in by the nurse. Accurate instructions must accompany the medication. ALL MEDICATION MUST BE BROUGHT TO CAMP IN THE PRESCRIBED CONTAINERS. Campers will have access to their medication through the nurse’s office. Campers flying in, must put medication in a carry-on bag to be turned in to the nurse upon arrival at the boat terminal.
- DIETARY NEEDS: If your camper requires a special diet, please click the “Forms & Documents” link and list this on the health history form. If your camper has a more severe allergy, please contact our camp director at 1-800-645-1423.
- PHYSICAL NEEDS: If accommodations are needed for your camper to fully participate in the program, please contact our camp director at 1-800-645-1423 at least one month before camp begins.
Please call the business office at 1-800-645-1423 to discuss the specifics of your child’s medical condition. The health of your camper has an effect on the health of the entire camp community. If ill or injured, a doctor’s release will be necessary at check-in.
The medical professional on-site will make an informed decision about whether or not the parent or guardian needs to be contacted based on the severity of the illness or injury. The primary parent or guardian will be contacted by phone.