Catalina Sea Camp’s Approach to Summer 2023
We will continue to update this page with the most current information regarding this upcoming summer.
Guided Discoveries requires campers and staff to be FULLY immunized (using state guidelines for school) before camp begins.
California State Immunization Requirements are:
- Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis (DTaP, DTP, Tdap, or Td) — 5 doses
(4 doses OK if one was given on or after 4th birthday. 3 doses OK if one was given on or after 7th birthday.)
For 7th-12th graders, at least 1 dose of pertussis-containing vaccine is required on or after 7th birthday.
- Polio (OPV or IPV) — 4 doses
(3 doses OK if one was given on or after 4th birthday)
- Hepatitis B — 3 doses
(not required for 7th grade entry)
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) — 2 doses
(Both given on or after 1st birthday)
- Varicella (Chickenpox) — 2 doses
- Medical Exemptions – Guided Discoveries will only accept medical exemptions for required vaccines if provided with proper documentation from a licensed and qualified physician.
- Personal and religious exemptions will not be accepted.
At this time*, Guided Discoveries is not requiring campers to be vaccinated for COVID-19, but strongly recommends that campers are up to date with the COVID-19 vaccine and appropriate boosters prior to the start of camp.
*If the state of CA officially adds the COVID-19 vaccine to the list of required vaccines for school children, then we may amend our position and require the vaccine prior to the start of camp. Additionally, if conditions arise that dictate a greater likelihood for us to operate at capacity by requiring the COVID-19 vaccine, then we may also amend our position.
We encourage you to contact our team with any questions:
One Week Program: firstname.lastname@example.org
Three Week Program: email@example.com
Phone: (909) 625-6194