AT CATALINA SEA CAMP, THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF OUR CAMPERS IS OUR TOP PRIORITY
Catalina Sea Camp undergoes an extensive American Camp Association (ACA) accreditation process every five years. The accreditation requires we adhere to more than 250 standards ranging from safety to program design.
- All of our instructors are trained in first aid, CPR, and water safety. They are drilled on safety procedures and are trained in what to do in the event of an emergency.
- Our onsite nurse tends to camper needs twenty-four hours a day, ensuring medications are taken on time, and all the campers' health needs are met.
- A camper health form must be filled out with a current physical and a doctor’s signature.
- Please note any allergies the camper has on the health form.
- We can accommodate most special diets. Please note special dietary needs on the camper health form.
Health Center & Nurse
- A registered nurse, nurse practitioner, or physician lives onsite for the summer.
- Our health center is fully equipped to handle minor healthcare needs.
- All medications (both prescription and over-the-counter) are stored and dispensed through the Health Center.
- All instructors are trained in medical emergency response.