NOT SURE WHAT TO PACK? WE CAN HELP! WHAT TO BRING TO CAMP.
We have provided a printable packing list with what to bring. Everything on the list has a function. We suggest checking off or counting the exact number of items on this list. Please keep this form at home to ensure that all the items are accounted for upon your camper’s return from camp. PLEASE MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS WELL LABELED WITH YOUR CAMPERS NAME.
All prescribed or over-the-counter medication needed by a camper will be collected at check-in by the nurse. Accurate instructions must accompany each medication. ALL MEDICATIONS MUST BE IN THEIR ORIGINAL PRESCRIBED CONTAINERS. Please do not put them into pill cases, zip locks, etc. Campers will have access to their medication through the nurse’s office. Campers flying in must put medication in a carry-on bag to be turned in upon arrival at camp.
Please limit luggage to no more than 2 bags and a backpack. To help our staff with the sorting of luggage on the first day of camp, male campers should tie a GREEN string, and female campers should tie a RED string on their bags. Also, make sure all pieces of luggage have a visible tag with the camper’s name and address written in ink.
PLEASE MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS WELL LABELED WITH YOUR CAMPERS NAME.
If you would like to print the Catalina Sea Camp Packing List for the 1-Week Program, to download the PDF click the link HERE.
If you would like to print the Catalina Sea Camp Packing List for the 3-Week Program, to download the PDF click the link HERE.
- Yes. We ask that our campers dress appropriately and, of course, comfortably for their various activities at camp.
- We do not allow campers to wear clothing with alcohol, tobacco, drug, religious, political, sexual, or obscene printing.
- Please keep the bathing suits modest – “modest” meaning: no thong, string, or cheeky bikinis for female campers and no Speedo-style bathing suits for male campers.
- Please send your campers with shorts of an appropriate length. The length of skirts, skorts, and shorts must extend below the camper’s thumb tips when the camper’s arms are extended at his/her sides.
- We do reserve the right to request campers to change clothing if it is deemed inappropriate.
When considering what to bring, many campers’ first thought is whether or not they are permitted to have technology. Cell phones, smartphones, smartwatches, iPods, handheld video games, and other electronic devices are NOT ALLOWED. If brought, they will be confiscated and put in the camp safe until the end of camp. Camp is a place to make new friends, try new things, and gain independence, which can be pretty tough if campers are texting friends from home or calling parents. PLEASE leave cell phones at home. We ask for the parents’ support of this policy, as it is especially difficult to enforce policies without your support. Exceptions are made for campers that are flying in. Their phones and wallets will be collected upon arrival and kept safe until departure day.
To ensure the safety of the campers, we insist that the following items not be brought to camp:
- MP3 player/iPod/tablets
- Cellular phones/Smart Phones
- Wearable Technology (smartwatch)
- Drones (of any size)
- Video Games
- Two-way radios (Walkie Talkies)
- Illegal drugs
- Televisions/portable DVD players
- Any smoking material (inc. Vaping/e-Cig)
- Hair Dye
- Expensive Jewelry
- Hair Clippers
- Knives of any kind
- Inappropriate Games (i.e., Cards Against Humanity)
Catalina Sea Camp does not accept any responsibility for the loss, damage, or theft of such devices. Any abuse of this policy will result in confiscation and storage until the end of the session.